The all new Jaguar XE was unveiled yesterday in London, UK, following a rather unusual theatrical play that took place. Theme was the history of the brand, and of course the future.
The new XE will be available in Canada in 2016, while more information on it will be available during the Paris Auto Show. All we know for now, is that the chassis is all aluminum keeping the weight way below the category average enabling next gen fuel efficiency. The car borrows the double wishbone front suspension for the F-Type but comes with the new integral link system that promises the best handling in class coupled with the EPAS electric steering.
The InControl system will be compatible with both iPhones and Android phones and will have the ability to act as a portal to your phone, allowing you to access all your applications installed on your device. Interesting…
- First showing of the performance-orientated Jaguar XE S
- The Jaguar XE S features a 340hp supercharged 3.0-litre V6 engine with a 0-100 km/h time of 5.1 seconds and an electronically limited top speed of 250 km/h
- Front engine, longitudinal rear wheel drive layout, with capability of accepting all-wheel drive
- Highly aerodynamic with a drag coefficient of 0.26 Cd
- Intuitive new InControl™ infotainment system will be available
- Intelligent Active Driver Assistance technologies to support the driver
- The XE will launch in the UK in 2015 and North America in 2016